Our client located in Guelph; a fully owned subsidiary of a large multinational manufacturing company is seeking an achievement-oriented VP Finance to join their senior management team.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP Finance will be responsible to provide leadership and oversee all Finance & Accounting, Information Technology and Human Resources departments of the company.
The VP Finance will be a business partner to the CEO and other members of the senior management team.
The opportunity is ideal for someone looking for a challenge as the company is poised and planning for significant growth and expansion in the next few years.
Responsibilities of the VP Finance include:
- Directing and overseeing the financial statement preparation and analysis of monthly reporting packages to senior management
- Overseeing the annual preparation of budget and forecasts
- Recommending benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performances of divisions and departments
- Develop business plans and drive financial analysis for capital investments
- Monitoring banking activities and working closely with the financial community to address any capital requirements
- Management of lender relationships
- Supervision, training and development of accounting and finance staff
- Preparation of board materials and participation in quarterly board meetings
- Management of insurance and risk policies
- An accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) with 10 plus years of experience working in a senior accounting role in a medium to large corporate environment, preferable in a manufacturing environment
- Experience leading and overseeing Human Resources and Information Technology in addition to Finance and Accounting
- University degree or college diploma in business and/or accounting
- Experienced monitoring banking activities and working closely with the financial community to address any capital requirements
- Ability to motivate both individuals and teams to produce quality material within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Above average communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong ERP and computer skills including Advanced level MS Excel skills, and overall solid system skills
- Experience implementing ERP systems would be a major asset
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization
- Proven track record in highlighting and resolving issues in a timely manner, questioning results, challenging the status quo, initiating, and successfully implementing change
- Creative problem solving and effective decision making
This company offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and bonus structure.
If interested, please send a copy of your resume in MS Word format. Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.