Senior Manager Tax
Are you a well-respected leader in corporate tax? Do you have the desire and are close to taking the next step to become Partner? Are you ready for a firm that listens to its staff and lives by its values of collaboration, exceptional client service, and respect? If you answered yes to these questions, our client may be the place for you.
Our client, an established and expanding multi-office, multi-partner CPA firm located in the GTA is seeking a Senior Manager, Tax to join and grow their team of professionals.
Our client specializes, understands, and services its client space. They are the financial advocate of entrepreneurs, small and medium sized business, owner operated businesses, family operated business, and not-for-profit organizations, locally, regionally, and nationally.
The successful candidate would ideally have 8 years plus of recent public practice tax experience who is interested in the opportunity to advance within a growing organization including partnership opportunity within 3 years.
The Senior Manager, Tax plays a critical role in providing expert tax advisory and compliance services to clients, while also leading, mentoring, and growing a team of tax professionals. Your in-depth tax knowledge, exceptional leadership abilities, and dedication to client service will be vital to the firm’s success and your career.
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services, including planning, research, compliance, and general mergers and acquisitions activities
- Research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation of complex tax returns
- Collaborate on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Oversee the preparation and review of complex tax returns for individuals, businesses, and other entities, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all relevant tax laws and regulations
- Cultivate and maintain strong client relationships through effective communication, effective client service, and a deep understanding of their needs
- Identify opportunities to expand services to existing clients and participate in business development efforts to attract new clients to the firm
- Lead, mentor and develop and team of tax professionals, providing guidance on technical matters, fostering professional growth, and ensuring quality control in tax services
- Manage multiple client engagements concurrently, meeting deadlines and ensuring the efficient allocation of resources
Qualifications and skills required:
- CPA designation in good standing
- Completion of CPA In-depth tax program
- 8+ years experience working in a public accounting firm with current corporate tax experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information to others including clients
- Demonstrated superior relationship and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
If interested, please send a copy of your resume in MS Word format. Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.