An amazing career opportunity waits for the right candidate. If you are an ambitious career-oriented accounting professional looking to elevate your career to the next level, this position is for you!
Our client, a well-established company is Kitchener is seeking to add a results-oriented General Accountant to its team. Reporting to the Controller this newly created role offers very meaningful and interesting work.
In this key position reporting the Controller, you will be responsible for assisting with the month end reporting and analysis cycle. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with the month end reporting cycle
- Balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts and daily/monthly cash flow analysis
- Maintenance of capital asset subledger
- MS Excel spreadsheet analysis and reporting work
- Variance analysis including review of Cost of goods sold and operating expenses
- Preparing and approving journal entries
- Assist in the implementation of process improvement projects
- Ad-hoc projects and assignments, as required
If you are a driven hands-on accountant, with experience assisting with the month end reporting cycle, we need to hear from you!
Benefits of working for our client:
- Great team environment
- Career development that is second to none
- Modern office and modern technology
- Friendly, highly collaborative, high-performance and passionate team
- Work life balance
To be considered for this General Accountant opportunity,
- 2+ years of experience working in an accounting role
- Actively working towards a designation or qualified by experience
- College diploma or University degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume and multi entity company
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
Please apply with a MS Word Copy of your resume. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.