Do you enjoy understanding, analyzing, and reporting on costing activities/initiatives within a manufacturing environment? Do you question the status quo? Do you work well with plant management in addition to finance? Are you looking for a role that is a grooming position for advancement within that organization?
If so, our client a market leading manufacturer in Kitchener is looking to add a Cost Accountant to its Finance team. Our client strives to offer a quality work experience within a diverse and dynamic environment.
Reporting directly to the Controller you will be responsible to develop and maintain standard costs as well as provide timely reporting and analysis to the Controller and the Plant Management team.
In this role your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ongoing analysis of costs (products and process) with a view of increasing profit and efficiencies
- Review and maintenance of the Bill of Materials
- Work closely with purchasing, R&D, and manufacturing to develop cost estimates of new products
- Maintain and coordinate the administration of continuous improvement and cost reduction activities
- Prepare analysis for the monthly reporting package including gross margin, inventory metrics, material, labour, and overhead variances
- Assist with inventory (cycle counts and annual physical count) including reconciling inventory subledger to GL
- General ad hoc queries and analysis as required
Benefits of working with our client:
- Great team environment
- Paid CPA dues and continuing professional develop fees
- RSP matching
- Great health and dental benefits
- Career development that is second to none
- Modern office and modern technology
- Friendly, highly collaborative, high-performance, and passionate team
- Work life balance
- University degree (preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Economics
- Professional accounting designation (CPA), actively working towards a designation or qualified by experience
- 3 plus years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Individual must have an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within and outside of the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Proven track record in highlighting and resolving issues in a timely manner, questioning results, challenging the status quo, initiating, and successfully implementing change, creative problem solving and effective decision making
- Experience with a large ERP package (SAP, JDE, Oracle) would be an asset
- Advanced financial analysis and Excel skills
If interested, please send a copy of your resume in MS Word format. Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.