Accounts Payable Specialist
Our client, a long established, growing, and award-winning organization, is looking for a highly skilled individual who both exemplifies and lives out their Core Values.
They are currently seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent people skills to join their Accounts Payable Department in the full-time position of Accounts Payable Specialist.
In this role, you will be responsible for the full accounts payable cycle including:
- Processing of AP invoices with 3-way match between invoice, purchase order and receiving documents
- Perform general ledger / cost coding of invoices
- Review / checking of invoice batches entered by other A/P Coordinators.
- Processing of paymentsincluding monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparation of cheque run
- Filing (Electronic or paper copies)
- Handle inquiries by phone or email and maintain professional relationship with vendors
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintenance of accounts payable files
- Assisting with and acting as a backup for other tasks within the A/P and accounting departments, as necessary.
- Special projects and other duties as required
Benefits of working with our client:
- Job security – profitable established company
- Health and Dental benefits
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
To be considered for this Accounts Payable Specialist opportunity,
- 3+ years of experience in an Accounts Payables position
- College diploma or University degree an asset
- Formal education in bookkeeping or office administration would be an asset
- Preference to candidates with full cycle AP experience
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate level MS Excel skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to multitask and work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Above average customer service skills when dealing with customers
Please apply with a MS Word Copy of your resume. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.