Senior Accounting Specialist
Are you a newly minted CPA looking to make the move to industry? Are you looking to work in corporate financial reporting group of a large company? Are you looking for a role that is a grooming position for advancement within that organization?
If so, our client an industry leader financial services company in Waterloo Region is looking to add a Senior Accounting Specialist to its team.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Financial Reporting you will be responsible for all aspects of consolidated financial accounting and reporting.
Areas of primary responsibility include:
- Preparing and reviewing consolidated accounting and reporting, while validating compliance with IFRS
- Responsible for researching, documenting, recommending, and implementing accounting for complex transactions including acquisitions and divestitures
- Contributing to the IFRS 17 implementation through review of accounting policy papers and implementing reporting processes
- Acting as the primary contact for senior management on consolidated accounting issues and for external auditors during quarterly reviews
- Identify and assist with resolution of accounting issues and process issues
- Prepare documentation of corporate accounting policies, procedures, and work processes
- Recommend and implement roll-out of common accounting policies
- General ad hoc queries and analysis as required
Benefits of working with our client:
- Great team environment
- Work from home
- Above market compensation
- Career development that is second to none
- Modern office and modern technology
- Friendly, highly collaborative, high-performance, and passionate team
- Work life balance
- University degree (preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Economics
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Individual must have an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within and outside of the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Experience working for or auditing public or regulated companies
- Demonstrated experience and interest in technical accounting
- Proven track record in highlighting and resolving issues in a timely manner, questioning results, challenging the status quo, initiating, and successfully implementing change, creative problem solving and effective decision making.
- Advanced financial analysis and Excel skills
This company offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and bonus structure.
If interested, please send a copy of your resume in MS Word format. Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.