An amazing career opportunity waits for the right candidate. If you are an ambitious career-oriented accounting professional looking to elevate your career to the next level, this position is for you!
Our client, a wealth management financial services company in Waterloo is looking to add a Senior Accountant to its team to support its growing operations. Reporting to the Accounting Manager this role offers very meaningful and interesting work.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the month end reporting and analysis cycle. Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation of internal financial reports, forecasts, and analysis
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and working papers
- Assist in establishing accounting policies and review accounting entries to ensure compliance with these policies and GAAP/ASPE
- Provide support to the year end external audit process
- Excel spreadsheet analysis and reporting
- Assist in the implementation of process improvement projects
You will get the chance to take on ad-hoc projects as our client loves active thinkers! If you have experience in the month end reporting cycle, we need to hear from you!
Benefits of working for our client:
- Great team environment
- Career development that is second to none
- Modern office and modern technology
- Friendly, highly collaborative, high-performance and passionate team with a start-up mindset.
- Work life balance
To be considered for this Senior Accountant opportunity,
- 3+ years of experience working in the month end reporting cycle
- CPA designation or actively working towards a designation
- College diploma or University degree
- Experience working with or an understanding of investment products an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail