Would you like to be part of the Senior Management Team for a long established yet growing company in Waterloo with operations in Canada and the United States? Would you like to work for a company where work life balance and culture are important? Are you a CPA looking to take that next step-up in your career? If you said yes to these questions, then this exciting Controller position could be the opportunity for you.
Our client located in the Waterloo is looking for a CPA with a proven track record as a top performer within a medium sized to large employer. This role reports directly to the company president.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the month end reporting and analysis cycle. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and working papers
- Bank reconciliations, including daily cash flow review
- Assist in establishing accounting policies and review accounting entries to ensure compliance with these policies and GAAP/ASPE
- Provide support to the year end external audit process
- AR and AP using advanced excels to process AR transactions
- Excel spreadsheet analysis and reporting
- Final set up and ongoing trouble shooting on new ERP package implementation (MS Dynamics)
- Assist in the implementation of process improvement projects
You will get the chance to take on ad-hoc projects as our client loves active thinkers! If you have experience in the month end reporting cycle, we need to hear from you!
Benefits of working for our client:
- Great team environment
- Career development that is second to none
- Modern office and modern technology
- Friendly, highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, high-performance and passionate team with a start-up mindset.
- Work life balance
To be considered for this Senior Accountant opportunity,
- 3+ years of experience working in the month end reporting cycle
- CPA designation or actively working towards a designation or qualified by experience
- College diploma or University degree
- Experience working with an ecommerce business an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Experience with a major ERP package
Please apply with a MS Word Copy of your resume. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.