Director of Finance & Administration
Would you like to work for an awarding winning best managed company? Do you have experience working for a mid-sized privately held business? Do you possess strong business acumen and understand the strategic impact that the finance function has to the overall business? Are you an experienced manager with highly developed people skills with the ability and focus on mentoring and motivating other? If you said yes to these questions, then this exciting opportunity may be for you!
Our client located in the Cambridge area, a mid sized multi generational private family company in construction industry is seeking an achievement-oriented and people focused Director of Finance & Administration to join their senior management team. Reporting to the President, the Director of Finance will be responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the company including budget management, short-term and long-term business plans, cost benefit analysis, risk management, forecasting and financial reporting.
Responsibilities of the Director of Finance & Administration include:
- Act as an advisor to the President and the CEO and other senior managers and project managers
- Directing and overseeing the financial statement preparation and analysis of monthly reporting packages to senior management
- Overseeing the annual preparation of business plans, budgets, and forecasts
- Recommending benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performances of divisions and departments
- Develop business plans and drive financial analysis for capital investments
- Monitoring banking activities and working closely with the financial community to address any capital requirements
- Manage responsibilities and contacts of lender relationships, insurance, bonding, government agencies, suppliers, legal, and auditors
- Directly oversee the IT requirements of the company, leveraging external specialists/consultants
- Supervision, training and development of accounting and finance staff
- Preparation of board materials and participation in quarterly board meetings
- Management of insurance and risk policies
- An accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) with 5 plus years of experience working in a senior accounting role in a medium to large corporate environment, preferable in a construction or manufacturing environment
- University degree or college diploma in business and/or accounting
- Experienced monitoring banking activities and working closely with the financial community to address any capital requirements
- Ability to motivate both individuals and teams to produce quality material within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Above average communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong computer skills including Advanced level MS Excel skills and overall solid system skills
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization
- Proven track record in highlighting and resolving issues in a timely manner, questioning results, challenging the status quo, initiating, and successfully implementing change
- Creative problem solving and effective decision making
This company offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and bonus structure.
If interested, please send a copy of your resume in MS Word format. Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.