Would you like to be part of the Finance team of a company recognized as a top employer? Would you like to work for a manufacturing company that is developing new and innovative products? Are you a CPA looking to take that next step-up in your career? If you said yes to these questions, then this exciting Accounting Manager position could be the opportunity for you.
Our client an established manufacturing company located Kitchener is looking for a CPA with a proven track record as a top performer.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager include:
The Accounting Manager is a hands-on accountant involved in various aspects of the finance function including preparing financial statements for multiple entities, balance sheet reconciliations and analysis, income statement analysis, payroll, government remittances, intercompany transactions, and ad hoc reporting.
In this role, reporting to the Director of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Performs the timely, accurate and complete day-to-day accounting functions, including balance sheet account reconciliations and analyses including intercompany and bank reconciliations
- Assist with the timely preparation of monthly financial statements for 2 different legal entities
- Provide day to day supervision and guidance to AP and Accounting/AR Clerk
- Assist with annual external audits including the preparation of audit working papers
- Prepare government reports and remittances including HST, QST, WSIB, and other source deductions
- Process and manage bi-weekly payroll for US employees
- Overview of bi-weekly payroll for Canadian employees
- Cash flow & CAPEX reporting
- Completes special projects as required.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Accounting designation CPA, active in the process of obtaining a designation or qualified by experience
- Advanced computer and MS Excel skills including experience with PIVOTS, LOOKUPS, conditional formatting, and manipulation of large amounts of data
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with a strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Payroll experience including remittance and reporting of source deductions
- Team player
Please apply with a MS Word Copy of your resume. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.