Our client, a manufacturing company in Guelph is seeking to add a Payroll Clerk to cover a maternity leave.
Responsibilities include the following: process biweekly and weekly payrolls timely and accurately for hourly and/or salaried employees, including importing timesheets, calculating hours, administering adjustments, making deductions and remittances, maintaining employee records, preparing balances or reconciliations, preparing employee payments and benefits, processing forms and documentation for administration of benefits, compiling statistical reports, informing employees about payroll matters and benefit plans.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a business-related discipline or equivalent experience
- CPA certification program or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certified
- Minimum five years’ experience in payroll and benefits administration
- Proven experience in payroll cycle, including year-end and audit experience
- Experienced with ADP software would be an asset
- Extensive knowledge in payroll systems and HRIS applications
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel