Our client, a well established tech company, is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm, and progress. As part of their continuing growth in this high technology market, we are recruiting for a Contracts Associate within their Contract and Legal Department.
In this role, you will provide effective contract management, with the objectives of ensuring compliance with contractual undertakings and applicable laws and regulations, as well as the requirements of the Company’s parent corporation.
- Draft, negotiate and review contracts for the sale/supply of various company CBU products and services.
- Support execution and management of all third-party sales channel agreements (distributors, sales representatives, finders, etc.) and consultant agreements in accordance with company requirements. This includes completion of the required due diligence, preparation of agreements, and obtaining the requisite approvals (i.e. entry into Conga), as well as preparing amendments as required, and ensuring timely renewals.
- Prepare Non-Disclosure Agreements (“NDAs”) using company-approved templates, review third party NDAs, and ensure that all NDAs are approved as required and properly executed.
- Prepare other template agreements (Bailment Agreements, Product Loan Agreements, etc.), as required, and ensure that all agreements are properly approved and executed, and that all contractual obligations are closed.
- Support the management of direct customer contracts and the order review and acceptance process, including maintaining contracts records for Sales Operations, and responding to inquiries as required.
- Assist with the review of RFPs/RFTs and other Solicitations and the preparation of proposals and tenders as required, including obtaining the requisite approvals.
- Maintain contract templates and forms (Contract Approval Forms, etc.) as required, and assist with the publication and distribution to ensure accurate and consistent usage.
- Provide support for the contract approval process to ensure that all required approvals are obtained, and that that all contracts are approved and executed in accordance with the Company Signature and Approval Authorization Matrix (SAAM).
- Manage various contracts compliance functions, including completing Denied Party Screening (for Trade Compliance), and maintaining company registrations (with the U.S. SAM, etc.).
- Act as the Local Records Coordinator for all Contract files, including contracts record-keeping, tracking, and archiving as required.
- Manage the Contracts Help Desk and respond to client inquiries on a timely basis.
- Provide support for internal audits and respond to inquiries from the Company Corporate office as required.
- Assist with special projects and preparation of reports as required.
- Provide back-up for the other members of the Contracts Team as required.
- Other contract duties as assigned.
Benefits of working for our client:
- Great team environment
- Modern office and modern technology
- Job security, profitable established company
- Health and Dental benefits
- RSP match
- Work life balance
- Post-secondary education in business, law, compliance or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with contracts documentation in a large organization or with document management systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and record-keeping capabilities.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, are critical skills for this position.
- Ability to work well under pressure, despite numerous interruptions. Ability to work independently, take initiative, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage customer relations (both internal and external) and to resolve practical problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Absolute commitment to performing job in compliance with the highest ethical standards.
- Superior skills with all Windows-based PC applications, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS
Visio, Power Point, and contract management software.
Please apply with a MS Word Copy of your resume. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted