An amazing career opportunity waits for the right candidate. If you are an ambitious career-oriented accounting professional looking to elevate your career to the next level, this position is for you! Our client, a fast-paced exciting technology company in Waterloo is looking to add an Assistant Controller to its team to support its growing operations. Reporting to the Controller this role offers very meaningful and interesting work including direct interaction with Senior Management.
In this role you will lead, review, analyze and support planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting across the company.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Perform month end functions, including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations, month end accruals and variance to budget analysis
- Assist in the implementation of process improvement projects
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- You are a designated accountant (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or close to getting your designation
- 3 years plus of accounting experience
- Intermediate to Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Superior communication skills, both orally and written
- Self starter with the ability to manage competing priorities